• 2 eggs
  • A handful of halved cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste

For Hollandaise:

• 1/2 c melted butter
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/4 tsp dijon or spicy brown mustard (be sure it doesn’t have sugar!)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

• With the bell pepper on the cutting board horizontally, cut 2 one inch thick rounds.
  • Add a tsp or so of coconut oil to a pan on low.
  • Toss the 2 pepper rounds into the pan and crack eggs directly inside the rounds so that the pepper keeps the egg in on all sides.
  • Sprinkle eggs with seasonings, and cook on low until the yolks are the desired consistency.
  • While the eggs are cooking, begin Hollandaise.
  • Melt butter in microwave in a pyrex measuring cup.
  • Separate eggs from yolks, and add the yolks to blender.
  • Add mustard to the blender along with lemon juice.
  • Blend all ingredients EXCEPT butter.
  • Once ingredients are well mixed, keep the blender on as you add the hot melted butter to the blender in one steady stream. (You are emulsifying these ingredients, so it is important that the butter is hot, that the blender stays on, and that the butter is added in a consistent stream until the sauce thickens.)
  • Once the sauce is emulsified, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve on top of the Paleo Pepper Eggs.

NOTE: This super easy Paleo Hollandaise can be used for tons of things! Since it contains raw eggs, it does not keep long, so use your discretion. I’d use it the same day as a mayo substitute with canned tuna or canned chicken, and serve it in cucumber boats.

Annons:
Mozzarellan
10/14/13, 12:17 PM

Ohh, så gott…. Åt nåt liknande i New York. Allt väl med dig??

crikarlshamn
10/14/13, 1:57 PM

Hej Mozzarellan,

Allt väl här …mellan hostningarna, har hostat sedan 22 Augusti sà jag trodde lungorna skulle ramla ur.  Har tagit alla test möjliga inklusive en scann utav dem sà… väntar ut sjukdommen.

Hur är det med dig?  Jag hoppas vägarna tar mig till Alba/Barola i början av november.  Vit tryffel pà äggröra eller risotto (en gàng per àr..) och ett Barolo vin är paradiset för mig :o)

Upp till toppen
Annons: